Listening skills are an essential part of being an effective communicator and invaluable for anyone in business. Yet it is a skill that is often overlooked.
Our effectiveness as communicators is undermined if we don’t have good listening skills. As a result, we have created a specific half day training workshop – as well as including a shortened version in our general communication skills training.
The course includes:
- Discovering the benefits of good listening skills
- Discovering the difference between listening and hearing a conversation
- Discovering the different levels of listening and when it is appropriate to use these levels
- The dangers of “Chinese Whisper” listening
- Discover what it is like NOT to be listened to
- Learn the simple techniques for listening effectively
- Learn the simple techniques for engaging your speaker effectively through body language and non-verbal communication
At the end of the course delegates:
- Will understand the benefits of having excellent listening skills
- Will have simple techniques to listen to others effectively
- Will be able to read when other people aren’t listening to you
To discuss the listening skills workshop or to book a workshop contact us or call +44 (0) 800 0938 464