Assertiveness skills are invaluable for anyone wishing to improve their communication with others; to ASK for what you want and not to feel devalued.
Being assertive is the ability to express yourself with confidence and without resorting to passive aggressive or manipulative behaviour. By modifying the language we use, the tone of our voice, our behaviour and body language we are able to become more effective in social and business situations.
The workshop helps delegates to discover their own strengths and weaknesses, and how we currently behave and communicate in specific situations. This in turn will help the delegates to modify their communication skills in these situations, so they are more effective in managing these situations.
The assertiveness skills workshop includes:
- Discovering what assertiveness means and how this is different from being aggressive or passive/aggressive
- Discovering how effective individuals are in specific situations and how to manage these situations
- Discovering how the language we use affects our ability to be assertive
- Discovering how positive body language plays a role in being assertive
- Discover the power of our voices to become more assertive
By the end of the course, the delegates will:
- Understand the difference between assertiveness and passive/aggressive behaviour
- Be able to identify their needs and be able to communicate these in an assertive way
- Be able to use positive body language, vocabulary and tone of voice to be assertive
- Identify situations where a more assertive approach would be more effective