Media Skills Training is invaluable for any business wishing to engage with a wider audience and take advantage of the large reach that the media offers.
However, individuals need to know what they are doing, to take full advantage of media opportunities.
Our practical one day training course teaches delegates to communicate more effectively within a media environment. We also focus on the speaking, non-verbal communication (including body language), confidence and managing nerves in this high pressured environment.
Using our experienced trainers and our recording expert who will create a mini-studio at your venue, we provide a training environment where your delegates will gain confidence and acquire many new skills.
The course content includes:
- Discussion about the different types of media opportunities – including the radio, TV and online media opportunities
- Dealing with different media environments including face to face in a studio, on the telephone, Skype etc
- Develop confidence in speaking in these environments
- Develop strategies for dealing with your nerves and to build up confidence
- Test your messages in a safe environment
- Communication skills – including building awareness of body language on TV, listening skills and making your voice interesting
- Be challenged by aggressive questioning from the media
- Develop confidence to deal with different styles of questioning and presenters
- Crisis Media Management
- Physical preparation before a media appearance
- Practical preparation tips
By the end of the course your delegates will:
- Be confident to appear on the media in different environments
- Be more confident about answering questions from different types of presenters
- Be able to act upon Crisis Media Management – and know who to contact to support them
- Create a compelling message for the media
- Have practical preparation strategies for what to say and how to prepare mentally and physically
- Have some strategies for managing nerves before and during a media appearance
To discuss this workshop or to book it call +44 (0)800 0938 464 or contact us